Woodcrest Assisted Living design personalized care/service plans for each of our residents to ensure that they are well taken care of and that their daily living needs are met. Each service plan is discussed with the resident and their family member with guardianship.
At Woodcrest, our residents will never be restrained in any way. Instead, we let them make their own “safe decisions” to maximize their independence. Making sure that they are able to have independent choices is how we show them that we have great respect for their dignity and individuality.
We offer the following services:
The services in the packages that we offer also include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Nail & Podiatry Care
- 3 Nutritious Meals Daily, Plus Snacks
- Holiday Parties
- Open Communication
- Private and Companion Rooms
- Wheelchair-Friendly Home
- Personal Environment
- Beauty Care
- Security System
- Heat and Electricity
- Lawn/Snow Removal
- Daily Activities and Wellness Programs
- Reasonable Assistance with Bills
- Reasonable Assistance with Transfers to Doctor Appointments Within Alexandria
- Assisting with Community Resources/Engagement
- One-Hour Safety Checks
- 24/7 On-Call Nurse, Director, and Staff
- Daily Cues and Reminders
- Housekeeping and ADL Care
- Toileting and Bathing
- Meal Preparation
- RN/Case Management
The resident and/or guardian will be responsible for the following expenses:
- Medications, medical equipment, assistive devices (walkers, canes, etc.)
- Special diet foods or special drinks
- Protective pads, attends, etc.
- Clothes (appropriate season)
- Personal items (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, lotion, baby powder, etc.)
- Insurance on personal belongings
- Personal cable and phone
- Commode in the resident’s private room
- Any assistive lifting devices such as EZ-lifts, Hoyer’s, etc.
- Safety chair/bed alarms
For more information about Woodcrest Assisted Living, you may download our Family & Resident Handbook, Housing with Services Contract and Full Emergency Plan.